Some toddlers just refuse to gain weight. No, there isn't any problem if your child is totally active and is lean, but sometimes mothers tend to worry that the child is not gaining as much weight as he/she should be according to their age. When children don't eat enough calories, they fail to thrive energetically and physically. But there are some easy, delicious yet healthy ways to ensure that children are getting all the calories they need with the help of these easy milkshake recipes for weight gain in kids.
Milk and dairy products are effective in maintaining a healthy weight in children; not to forget the calcium content provided by them. When milk is mixed with other ingredients like fruits and vegetables; it becomes a milkshake or a smoothie which children can enjoy instead of having the plain old milk with some chocolate or malt drink mixed in it. Milkshakes are a must-have for kids because they are wholesome and full of nutrients. Almost all kids love milkshakes and there is hardly any child fussing over a glass of beautifully coloured, cold milkshake. You can add different fruits to the milk to pamper your kid’s taste buds in a healthy way.
Also read: 9 Homemade Protein Drinks For Kids
11 Milkshake Recipes For Weight Gain In Kids
If there's one thing that kids won't say no to, it's a delicious milkshake. Why don't you give these milkshake recipes for weight gain in kids a try.
#1. Strawberry Milkshake
- 400 ml milk
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 10 strawberry
- 3 scoops strawberry ice cream
- Boil and cool the milk to room temperature.
- Finely chop the strawberries. Grind to a pulp in a mixer jar.
- Add sugar, milk and ice cream. Blend well until frothy.
- Pour this into serving glasses. Add some ice cubes if desired.
- Garnish with some strawberries.
- Serve at once or keep it in the fridge until required.
#2. Dry fruits milkshake
- Milk - 3 cups (Boiled & Cooled)
- Brown Sugar/Honey/Jaggery- 2 tbsp (optional) (Honey can be given safely after baby turns 1 year)
- Saffron- few strands
- Almonds - 8
- Cashews - 8
- Pistachios - 8
- Raisins -8
- Dates - 5
- Figs -2
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Soak all the nuts and dry fruits in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Soak saffron in a tbsp of milk and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, take the soaked nuts, saffron mix and sugar in a blender. Add 1 cup of milk now.
- Grind the nuts and dry fruits to a smooth paste.
- Once the nuts and dry fruits are ground smooth, add the remaining 2 cups of milk.
- Run the blender/mixie again for 30 seconds.
- Pour the dry fruits milkshake in glasses and serve.
#3. Peanut butter and chocolateshake
- 1 cup milk (coconut milk or almond milk may be substituted)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter (or another smooth nut butter)
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
- Optional: whipped topping for garnish
- Combine milk, ice cubes, and peanut butter in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate ice cream and pulse/blend until desired consistency.
- Optional: garnish with whipped topping.
#4. Strawberry and banana milkshake
- 2 glasses cold milk
- 1 cup strawberries or 4 tbsp
- 2 bananas
- 2 to 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 ice-cubes
- Wash the strawberries.
- Remove the stems and cut into half.
- Peel the bananas. Chop into 4 to 5 pieces each.
- Pour milk into the blender, add strawberries,bananas,sugar and ice-cubes.
- Put the lid on the blender and blend well until smooth.
- Pour into 4 glasses.
- Pop in straws.
- Serve immediately.
Also read: 7 Healthy Pan Cake Recipes for Kids
#5. Oatmeal milkshake
- Oats - 1 cup
- Seedless dates - 1 cup
- Ice cubes - 2-3 numbers
- Milk - 1 cup
- Fresh cream - 1 tablespoon
- Dry fruits chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Take oats in a bowl and add little hot water in it.
- Transfer this in a blender and add chopped seedless dates.
- Blend it once again with ice cubes and milk.
- Take it in a glass and add fresh cream and finely chopped dry fruits on it.
#6. Oreo cookie milkshake
- 5-6 Oreo Cookies Crushed
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream For Garnishing
- Chocolate Syrup For Garnishing
- Crush the Oreo biscuits coarsely.
- In a blender jar add all the ingredients.
- Churn until smooth.
#7. Apple Cinnamon milkshake
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped apple
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
- Crushed ice to serve
- Blend the apple and sugar in a blender to a smooth purée using a little milk.
- Add the cinnamon powder and milk and blend again.
- Pour into 4 individual glasses and top with ice-cubes.
- Serve immediately.
#8. Vanilla and Cherry milkshake
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- ¼th cup of crushed almonds
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen cherries pitted (hollow, without the seeds)
- In a blender jar, add all the ingredients.
- Churn until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve chilled.
Also read: Pomegranate: Health Benefits, Side Effects And Recipes
#9. Chocolate banana milkshake
- ⅔ cups milk
- 1 banana cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Blend until smooth puree and all ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour prepared chocolate banana shake into serving glasses.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over it as garnish and serve with a straw.
#10. Blueberry milkshake
- 1/2 cup blueberry
- 1 dates (soaked or you can use soft dates)
- 1 cup milk (cold)
- Get ready with all the ingredients.
- Mix them into a blender or hand blender.
- Add the blueberries, soaked dates, milk and blend until smooth.
#11. Caramel milkshake
- 2 tablespoon caramel sundae syrup
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 sliced frozen banana
- 4 scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- Add sliced frozen banana
- Vanilla ice cream
- Milk and caramel sundae syrup in a blender jar.
- Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy texture.
- Transfer creamy caramel milkshake to serving glasses.
- Drizzle caramel syrup over it and place banana wheel on the rim as garnish.
Want to share your experience as a mom with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you