Giving your toddler a healthy breakfast is a must. Every mom knows that. However, if your child is a fussy eater or if you do not have the time in the morning to prepare an elaborate breakfast in the morning, a healthy Indian Museli Recipe is the best option. Kids love this tasty and crunchy breakfast option . As for moms, they can be rest assured that their child is getting something nutritious to eat each morning.
What is Muesli?
You can learn how to make muesli at home and experiment with the ingredients when you understand what it exactly is. Muesli is a combination of fresh fruits, dry fruits and any cereal of your choice. This makes it a complete breakfast on its own as it has a good dose of fiber, protein and vitamins and minerals.
When you are giving muesli to a child between 12 months and 24 months of age, you need to make sure that it is soaked well so that there is no chance of any grain or dry fruit getting stuck in the child’s throat. You can either powder the cereal and the dry fruits or cut them up into easy-to-swallow bites.
Easy Homemade Muesli Recipes
You can learn how to make muesli at home quite easily. Now that you know what the basic components are, all you need to do is put your thinking cap on. Here are some recipes to get you started:
#1. Almond and Walnut Muesli
- Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Chopped walnuts – 1 tbsp
- Chopped almonds – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – ¼ Tsp
- Raisins – 3 tbsp
- Chilled Low-Fat milk – 3 cups
- Chopped Apples, peeled – 1 cup
- Sliced Bananas – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Heat a non-stick pan and roast the oats, almonds, and walnuts lightly on a low flame.
- Take it off the heat when it is slightly brown and add vanilla essence after it is cooled down.
- If you are wondering how to make muesli at home suitable for kids, you can grind all the above ingredients to a fine powder and store.
- To serve, take as much muesli as you need and add cold milk, sugar, and chopped apples and bananas and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
Also read: Stammering In Kids
#2.Healthy Coconut Muesli
- Rolled oats – 4 cups
- Desiccated coconut – ¾ cup
- Pumpkin seeds – ¾ cup
- Mixed nuts, roughly chopped – 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Raisins – ½ cup
- Dried Apricots – ½ cup
- Lightly roast the oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut and cinnamon in a shallow pan for a few minutes to make a nutritious snack or meal for you child.
- If you want to know how to make muesli in the oven, you can even bake the above ingredients at 150 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat source and let it cool completely.
- Stir in the raisins and dried apricots.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Serve with milk and a topping of your child’s favorite fruits.
#3. Wheat muesli
- Porridge oats – 50g
- Wheat flakes – 50g
- Desiccated coconut – 1 tablespoon
- It is easy to understand how to make muesli at home suitable for your little one.
- Place all of the above ingredients in a food processor and blend them well till you get a fine powder.
- Lightly roast this powder on a low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.
- In order to serve it, add cold milk, ground dry fruits and diced fruits of your choice.
- Allow this mixture to soak for at least 30 minutes before serving.
#4. Baby Berry Muesli
- Whole milk- 2 cups
- Flavored Curd of your choice- 1 cup
- Rolled oats- ½ cup
- Chia seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Frozen mixed berries such as strawberries and blueberries – ¾ cup
- Mix all the ingredients besides the berries in a large bowl to make this Indian Muesli Recipe.
- Add the berries in the end.
- Then cover the bowl completely and refrigerate overnight before you serve.
- You may even add fruits of your choice to make this breakfast dish more appealing.
- Rolled oats – 2 cups
- Poha or flattened rice – 1 cup
- Sesame seeds – 5 spoons
- Makhana or lotus root seed – 1 cup
- Sunflower seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped nuts – 2 tablespoons
- Curd – 1 bowl
- Mix rolled oats, poha, and makhana in a bowl.
- Roast this mixture in a shallow pan till it is crispy and brown.
- Store this mixture in an airtight container.
- To a bowl of Curd, add the poha, and oats mixture and mix it in.
- Add the chopped nuts and the seeds into this Curd mixture.
- Chop up your child’s favorite berries and fruits and layer them on the Curd mixture.
- Sprinkle with some more chopped nuts before you serve.
- You can add a little sugar as per your preference.
Also read: Health Benefits of Pomegranate
Want to share your experience as a mom with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you