Kids love when they find new dishes packed in their lunch boxes. They like it, even more, when they find their foodstuffs hidden beneath layers. Fill their tummies with nutritious bites with our yummy recipes. These recipes will keep them going all afternoon!
11 Healthy and Delicious Lunchbox Recipes
#1. Malai Bread
Here’s a yummy recipe for those with a sweet tooth.
- Bread – 4
- Mixed nuts – chopped
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder
- Take the bread and soak in milk
- In a pan heat oil and fry mixed nuts
- Add some sugar and cardamom powder and mix well
- Add the bread and half a cup of grated paneer
- Cook for 5-6 minutes and pack!
#2. Egg Atta Noodles
Also Read: 10 Food Recipes for 1 to 2 years old kids
- Onion, peas, beans, tomatoes and other veggies you like
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add all the vegetables you have
- Fry for a couple of minutes
- Now add noodles, salt, pepper, water and one egg
- Cook till the water is absorbed
#3. Spinach Corn with Bread
- Boiled corn and spinach
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper
- Yogurt/hung curd – 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- Onion – chopped
- Tomato – chopped
- Garlic – 2 teaspoon, crushed
- Mash together palak and corn
- Add salt, black pepper, and yogurt
- Add a bit of cheese if you want
- In a pan heat oil
- Add sesame seeds, chopped onion and tomato and crushed garlic
- Now add the mashed mixture of palak and corn
- Stir for 2 minutes and remove from fire.
All set to be served with any kind of bread.
These are made just like any other quesadilla or grilled cheese sandwich
- Tortilla (or chapatti) – 4
- Spaghetti sauce/ pizza sauce – 3 tablespoon
- Cheese – ¼ cup, shredded
- Pepperoni – 8 slices
- Spray the bottom of a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and preheat
- When the pan is fairly hot place 1 Tortilla in the pan
- Quickly spread a few tablespoons of sauce
- Then add a layer of Pepperoni (or any thing else you like)
- Then top with shredded cheese
- Top it off with the second tortilla
- Just like any other quesadilla or grilled cheese let it brown then flip it over
- After both sides are browned and the insides are hot and melted take the "pizzas" out to cool
- Once cooled slice in 1/4 like a pizza and wrap snugly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Also Read: 7 food charts (Bonus Recipes) for 0-2 year babies
#5. Cocktail Idli
- Rava / Sooji - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seed – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Salt for taste
- Red chutney (for red idli) – Heat 2 teaspoon oil and saute half onion until translucent, add 2 cloves of garlic, ½ teaspoon paprika, and salt to taste. Grind them to make a fine puree.
- Spinach puree (for green idli) - Heat 2 teaspoon oil. Add 2 cloves of garlic and saute for few seconds. Add 1 cup of chopped spinach and salt for taste. Saute for a minute. Grind it to make a fine puree.
#6. Roasted sweet potato fries
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan
- Add mustard seed, urad dal, a pinch of asafoetida, curry leaves, and cumin seeds. And let them sputter.
- Reduce the heat and add in sooji/rava and saute for a minute.
- Transfer this rava to a mixing bowl and let it cool down completely
- Meanwhile, prepare the steamer and grease the idli mounds
- Add in yogurt to a roasted rava and mix well
- Add little water just enough to make pouring consistency
- Divide this mixture into 3 equal parts
- In one part, add red chutney
- In another, add spinach puree
- Finally, add salt to taste and baking soda in each mixture
- Mix all the batter really well
- Pour batter in a greased idli mounds
- Transfer those to streamer and steam for 15-20 minutes
- 3 roasted sweet potatoes.
- 1 and ½ tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp freshly grind pepper
- 1 diced tomato
- Preheat the wedges in the oven at 350 degrees Celsius.
- Toss the potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes to tossed potatoes.
- Serve hot.
Also Read: 10 Recipes using Ghee for Baby Weight Gain
#7. Mini Spinach-Cheese Pizza
- 4 small whole wheat bread pizza breads.
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp of oregano
- 1 clove of garlic or garlic powder
- 1 cup of boiled spinach
- ½ cup of pureed broccoli
#8. Millets Dosa
- Add whole wheat dough in the oven, preheat to 350 degrees Celsius
- Boiled spinach on the whole wheat baked bread.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on the boiled spinach with 1 tsp of pureed broccoli.
- Add ½ cup of cheddar cheese and sprinkle oregano as a topping.
- Bake it for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 1/4th cup of Jowar
- 1/4th cup of Ragi
- 1/4th cup of Bajra
- ¼ th cup of Kodo
- 1/4th cup of Proso millet
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp of oil
- Pinch of salt
- Soak all the millets for 20 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and prepare a batter out of the millets
- Add 1 tsp of oil in non-stick pan.
- Add the batter in the pan like a dosa
- This ingredients list will give you 10 thin dosa sheets
#9. Banana Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp butter
#10. Spinach- Potato Nuggets
- Take a bowl, mash banana in it.
- Take a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Mix banana and beaten egg.
- Take a pan, add butter to it.
- Once the pan is heated, place the mixture of banana and egg like dosa's.
- Once it turns brown, switch off the gas.
- 1 mashed potato
- 5 spinach leaves
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of oil
- ½ tsp of salt (Optional)
- Take a bowl and add potato, turmeric, and spinach. Mash it all together.
- Take a pan, add oil. Let it heat.
- Make small balls out of the mashed mixture.
- Press the balls and make it like a tikki.
- Let it roast and turn off the gas once it becomes crisp.
#11. Mini Corn Buns
- 4 small buns
- 4 tbsp. of oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 chopped onion
- ¼th cup of chopped vegetables
- ¼th cup of capsicum
- ¼th cup of corn
- 1 cheese cube
- ½ cup of small paneer pieces
- 1 tbsp. Of coriander
- 3 tbsp. of yogurt
- 1 tsp of chili garlic paste
- Hollow out these soup buns.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add onion till it turns soft.
- Add cabbage and cook for 2 minutes
- Add capsicum and corn. Mix well.
- Add a pinch of salt, paneer, cheese and mix well.
- Mix mayonnaise and chili garlic paste
- Add more vegetables to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add this filling inside the hollow buns.
Also Read: 31 Healthy Recipes Using Weight Gain Foods for Babies and Kids
Want to share your mommy experience with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you