Getting your little ones to eat can be quite a nightmare. You need to make sure that you take care of all their preferences while ensuring that they get the nutrition that they need in order to be healthy and grow well. Here are 11 healthy food recipes for toddlers that you can be sure that your child will love. Your days of dealing with a fussy eater will be behind you with these healthy food recipes for toddlers.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
The most important of all baby food recipes is breakfast. You need to make sure that your little one gets a great start to the day so that he or she is able to stay energetic through the day.
Also read: 5 Healthy Almond Recipes For Baby Weight Gain
#1. Banana Coconut Oats Porridge
- Water- 1 cup
- Quick cooking oats- ½ cup
- Chopped Banana- 1
- Shredded Coconut- 2 tablespoons
- Grated Nutmeg- 1/2 teaspoon
- Powdered cardamom- A pinch
- Boil water in a pan and add the cooking oats to it along with chopped bananas and coconut.
- Mix in the nutmeg and cook till it is smooth.
- Turn the heat off and serve with cinnamon powder and chopped bananas.
#2. Instant Ragi and Carrot Dosa
- Ragi Flour- 1 cup
- Wheat flour- ½ cup
- Grated carrots- ½ cup
- Cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Buttermilk or water as needed
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add water and stir till you get a batter with the same consistency as dosa batter.
- Drizzle a non-stick pan with oil or ghee and spread the batter out into small circles.
- Make sure that both sides are brown and crispy. Serve with chutney.
#3. Egg Omelette Bites
- Appe or Paddu Stand (with small slots to pour in batter)
- Milk- 1/3 cup
- Preferred omelette ingredients (chopped onions, tomatoes, chillies, coriander, green onion and mushrooms – 1 cup
- Shredded cheese- 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk. Whisk them together until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold it in.
- Grease the appe/ paddu stand and pour in the egg mixture.
- Allow it to cook on one side and then flip over to cook the other side until brown. This is a protein-rich, healthy recipe for toddlers.
Also read: 7 Easy And Delicious Beetroot Recipes For Kids
Healthy Lunch and Dinner Recipes
Lunch and dinner are the two largest meals of the day. Chances are that your little one is old enough to be at school during lunch. These healthy recipes for toddlers will ensure that your little one does not waste his lunch box or ruin your dinner time by fussing to eat his own.
#4. Dibba Roti or Minapa Roti
- Urad dal- 1/2cup
- Idli rava- 1 cup
- Jeera- ¼ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Soak the urad daal for 4 hours and grind till it is frothy. The batter should be of the same consistency as dosa batter.
- Mix in the rava and stir to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Allow it to ferment for about 45 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Pour the batter in till it is about 2 inches in height.
- Cover and cook both sides till crispy.
- Serve with pickle or chutney.
#5. Mushroom and lentil burger
- Whole wheat burger buns- 1
- Olive oil- 2-3 tablespoons
- Diced onion- 1
- Minced garlic- 4 cloves
- Minced button mushrooms- 1 cup
- Fine chopped tomatoes- 4
- Brown lentils, cooked- 1 cup
- Egg- ½
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, crumble one burger bun.
- Saute and heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and salt and cook.
- In a separate pan, saute the mushrooms in olive oil till they are golden brown.
- In a food processor, grind the lentils, tomatoes and half the golden mushrooms along with eggs, salt and black pepper.
- Divide this mixture into 4 portions and make patties with them. Coat it with bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry these patties till golden.
- Layer the buns with lettuce leaves, caramelized onions and tomato slices. Place the patty and close.
Healthy Snack Recipes
Kids love snacks. But matching their preferences means that you may have to give in to unhealthy and fried foods from time to time. Instead, these healthy food recipes for toddlers will keep your little one healthy and will ensure that he or she loves their snacks.
#6. French Toast Roll-Ups
- Sandwich bread slices
- Soft cream cheese- 1 cup
- Diced Strawberries- 1 cup
- Milk- ½ tablespoon
- Eggs- 2
- Granulated sugar- 1/ cup
- Ground cinnamon- 1 heaping teaspoon.
- Cut the crust off the bread slices and flatten the bread with a rolling pin.
- On one edge of the flattened bread, add some cream cheese, Nutella and pieces of strawberries.
- Roll these slices up tightly.
- Whisk bread and eggs in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the cinnamon powder and sugar.
- Heat a skillet and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Dip the bread rolls in egg mixture and place them on the pan.
- Cook till it is entirely brown on the outside and then dip in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
#7. Chocolate Banana Pops
- Bananas, sliced- 1 cup
- Melted chocolate- 1 cup
- Sprinkles- 1 cup.
- Skewer one slice of banana on each toothpick.
- Dip it in chocolate and then in sprinkles.
- Freeze for 2 hours to make a healthy and tasty snack for your little one.
#8. Paneer/ Chicken Cheese Toast
- Crumbled paneer or shredded chicken- 1 ½ cups
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Cumin-1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped onion- 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped tomato- 1
- Red chili powder-1/2 cup
- Turmeric- ½ cup
- Garam masala- ½ cup
- Kasuri methi- ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Grated mozzarella cheese- as needed
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat some oil in a pan and add cumin.
- Then mix in the onions and cook till golden brown. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they are mushy. Mix in salt and all the dry powders.
- Mix in the paneer or chicken and saute till cooked.
- Smear one side of bread slices with butter and spread the chicken/paneer mixture onto it.
- Add grated cheese on it.
- Place these slices on the pan and cook till the cheese melts.
Also read: 5 Homemade Cerelac Recipes For Babies
Healthy Dessert Recipes
You can never deny children desserts. After all, this is when they can enjoy it the most and burn it all out when they go out to play. These baby food recipes will keep both the moms and the kids happy as they have the best of delicious desserts and the benefits of great nutrition.
#9. Peanut butter cookies
- Puffed corn cereal- 4 cups
- Creamy peanut butter- ½ cup
- Chocolate sprinkles- ¾ cup
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients together. You can add more corn cereal if it is not holding together.
- Roll this mixture in a plastic sheet to make log. Roll it back and forth till it is smooth. Cut the log into slices, roll in chocolate sprinkles and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
#10. Strawberry and Banana Ice cream
- Fresh strawberries- 1 cup
- Mashed Banana- 1 cup
- Cream- 2 tablespoons
- Sugar- as required
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients together until you have a fine paste with a few pieces of strawberry.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with melted chocolate or chocolate syrup.
#11. Mixed berry frozen yoghurt
- Bananas – 2 (cut in half)
- Peanut butter- 1 cup
- Chocolate chips- 1 cup
- Skewer the bananas using popsicle sticks. Freeze for 1-3 hours.
- Microwave the peanut butter till it is smooth.
- Dip the frozen banana in peanut butter followed by chocolate chips and serve.
Also read: 10 Healthy Soup Recipes For Babies & Toddlers
Want to share your experience as a mom with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you