Elders advise women who have just delivered a baby to eat gond ke laddu. This is one of the traditional household things which has been followed for generations. Not only it helps a new mother’s body to recover after childbirth but is also great for other family members too, especially in winter.
Have a look at this Easy Recipe of Gond ke Laddu
Wheat Flour- 1¼
Powdered Jaggery- ¾-1 cup, depending on how sweet you like it.
Ghee- ½ cup
Grated Coconut- 2 tbsp
Dry fruit powder- ¼ cup
Chironji- 1 tbsp(optional)
Cardamom Powder- ¼ tbsp
Also Read: Benefits Of Dry Fruits For Kids In Winters
- Add ghee in a pan and heat it. Make sure that it is not too hot otherwise the gond will turn bitter.
- Fry gond on medium heat, continuously stirring it well. Turn off the gas when it puffs up. Take this out in a pan and crush it with a rolling pin.
- Now add some ghee in a heavy bottom vessel and let it heat. Add flour to it and keep stirring until it turns deep golden.
- Take it out on a separate plate. Let the mixture cool down a little.
- Add jaggery, grated coconut, dry fruit powder, cardamom powder, and chironji to this mixture and mix it well.
- While the mixture is still hot apply a drop or two of ghee on your hands and shape it into round balls.
- If the mixture is too dry heat some ghee and mix it well in the mixture.
- Store it in an airtight jar.
Nutritional Information of Gond ke Laddu
Calories: 162 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Proteins: 1 g
Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Potassium: 34 mg
Calcium: 12 mg
Sugar: 12 mg
Iron: 0.8 mg
Also Read: 21 Weight Gain Foods for Babies
Benefits of Consuming Gond ke Laddu for New Mothers
- The body of a new mother spends extra energy to keep itself warm. Eating these laddus can help provide warmth and extra calories that a mother needs.
- It helps in treating constipation and keeps your digestive system healthy.
- Some mothers also face UTIs after childbirth. Gond has been widely used in Ayurveda to solve these issues and to help the uterus to regain its strength and size after delivery.
- Post-pregnancy menstruation can be heavy along with some menstrual cramps. Gond laddus help to keep the blood flow in check.
- Regular consumption of gond helps in strengthening the bones, spine, and teeth. It is believed to be anti-inflammatory in nature which helps to manage arthritis.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Jaggery (Gur) with Recipes
Want to share your experience as a mom with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you