The child who eats everything is rare to find, isn’t it? Feeding the child is a challenge to most of the moms. While you want to nourish your child with grains, proteins, dairy, fruits, etc., the child keeps running around to avoid eating. This sight is quite common in every household. So, what should you do? How about trying to prepare some foods that are able to tempt and drool your child and are super healthy as well? Finger foods are easy to eat, look inviting, and can be prepared quickly. Here are some top finger food recipes for picky eaters.
Also read: 10 Finger Foods That Children Absolutely Love
Tasty and healthy finger food recipes for picky eaters
Here are some baby finger food recipes for you. You can alter the ingredients as per the availability and taste preference of your baby.
#1. Broccoli tots
Broccoli is a food that is referred to as a great tasting nutrition. Broccoli is rich in vitamin C, vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, fiber, and has anti-cancer properties. Broccoli tots is a tasty finger food and your baby will surely love it. Find the recipe below:
- A medium sized broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Black pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Add the broccoli florets in the boiling water. Let it remain for 4-5 minutes
- Drain and chop the broccoli.
- Now take a bowl and add chopped broccoli, garlic, cheese, butter, beaten egg, tomato sauce, and bread crumbs.
- Mix all the ingredients
- Preheat the oven
- Grease the baking tray
- Make small tots of the mixture and put it in the baking tray
- Bake until the tots are golden brown.
Also read: 10 Food Recipes for 1 to 2 years old kids
#2. Bread Pizza
One of the finest kid recipes for picky eaters is the bread pizza. This dish looks enticing and you can add all the healthy veggies as topping too. The recipe goes like this:
- 1 chopped capsicum
- 1 chopped carrot
- Some corn kernels
- Chopped mushroom (optional)
- Tomato sauce
- Mixed herbs
- Multigrain Bread
- Cut the slices of the multigrain bread in triangles
- Apply some butter and tomato sauce on the slices
- Take a bowl and add chopped capsicum, carrot, corn, mushroom. Put some salt and pepper.
- Take a pan and melt some butter.
- Add the chopped vegetables in the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes. The crunch has to remain so don’t overcook.
- Top the vegetables on the bread slice.
- Add cheese and herbs on top.
- Grill the bread pizza in the oven and serve.
#3. Carrot parmesan sticks
Carrots baked fries is an incredibly amazing and healthy appetizer.One large carrot has only 30 calories, 7 gm carbs, 2 gm fiber, about 1 gm protein, and meets 240% of our Vitamin A requirements. It is extremely easy to prepare too. This crispy and tasty recipe is as follows:
- 1 large carrot
- Olive oil
- 1 small cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Cut carrots in the shape of fries.
- Take a bowl and toss the fries in some olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, mixed herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven.
- Arrange the carrot fries on baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes till the carrots are soft and crispy.
- Serve with some more cheese on top.
#4. Chocolate Coated Strawberries
Children love strawberries
, and why not, it looks super tempting and fascinating! The best part is that this berry is loaded with vitamins, fiber, manganese and potassium, and antioxidants. To make it more drool-worthy, serve your child chocolate coated strawberry.
- Washed and dried strawberries
- Melted chocolate
- Wash the strawberries and dry them
- Melt the chocolate in oven
- Pick one strawberry and attach a toothpick.
- Dip the berry in the melted chocolate and then sprinkle the colorful sprinklers on top
- Keep the chocolate coated strawberries in the fridge
- Serve cold
#5. Sprouts canopies
You can add another superfood, sprouts, in your baby’s diet if he/she is more than 2 years of age. Sprouts are a powerhouse of nutrition. It is rich in fiber, protein, micro-nutrients, essential fatty acid nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and enzymes. Sprouts canopies is a great way to consume healthy sprouts.
- 1 cup boiled mixed sprouts
- Canape cups
- Chopped onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Boiled and diced potatoes
- Chaat masala
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Take a bowl and mix sprouts, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, chaat masala, and salt.
- Fill the mixture in the canapés.
- Add some sevon top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Also read: 11 Popular Kids Snacks From Around The World
#6. Granola Bars
Granola bars can be prepared in many ways. They are delish in taste and will provide energy to your kid to keep him going.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mix of dried fruits, coconut, peanuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- Toast the oats and the nuts in the oven.
- Now in a pan, heat honey, butter, and sugar until the sugar and butter melts.
- Take off from the flame
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Now combine roasted oats, nuts, and other ingredients.
- Spread this mixture on the greased pan.
- Chill these bars for 2-3 hours.
- Cut the bars and serve.
Also read: 11 Healthy & Yummy Snacks Ideas For Kids
Want to share your experience as a mom with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you